28 October 2010

My creative hat

Since Posy was born in January this year, I found, and started wearing again, my creative hat. I didn't realise I had lost it until I was overcome with the desire to be crafty and creative!

I've since adopted my Mum's sewing machine - thankfully, she has agreed to let me keep it, and she'll borrow it back whenever she needs it! Great trade, I thought! It's had lots of use, but now that I'm thinking about it, I can't think of heaps of things I've made that I can show you... Hmmm, let me think a bit... My husband will tell you I've certainly spent enough money at Spotlight to have a whole room full of homemade things! (And I have a feeling 'things' wouldn't be the word he would use. His word would start with 'c' and rhyme with 'rap.')

I have a few things around the place that I've started but not yet finished, but nowadays I do actually have more finished projects, which is great! If you're my friend on Facebook - which, I would say, you likely all are - you will probably have seen all these photos, but too bad!

My biggest project to date has been Big E's room. We (okay, I) decided to do it up in time for his birthday party, a deadline which we met with my typical last minute-ness!

Here it is before:


And here is the finished room:


The curtains are hand-me-downs from Big Man's sister and they were the base we started from.



The blanket on his bed obviously doesn't really match the rest of the room, but it was given to Big E by his Oma (my Mum) so he has to have it on his bed - he makes sure it's all tucked in before he goes to sleep every night!

My very talented friend painted the super cool pictures on the wall for Big E's birthday.
I'm pretty proud of the way it all turned out!

I've started on Posy's room too, but I'll save blogging about it until it's all finished!
(**EDIT: You know what's hilarious? I've come back to edit this post at the end of 2013, and that room has *just* been finished - for our fourth baby!)

I'll leave you with a few of my other projects:


Headbands for Posy, one with matching shoes (which you can't see very well.) These are her favourites, can't you tell? ;)

A waistcoat, cummerbund and tie for Big E, for my Dad's wedding. Isn't my little man just so handsome?

These flower balls were the table decorations at the aforementioned wedding. Made with the help of my wonderful girl-friends! Juggled by my uncle.


This is a wee girly purse for wee girly things!

I just finished this a few nights ago.


And now I must be off to finish spring cleaning my kitchen, which currently looks like a tornado has blown through it! Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments very much. xxx