18 November 2010

The Love with which we Perform

This is a post written by Tsh Oxenreider of Simple Mom. (Great website, by the way. I thoroughly recommend it. I've spent hours reading so many different posts over there!) It speaks about something that has come up a lot over the last few months in our women's Bible study on a Wednesday morning. And as a mother or a homemaker, you will understand. I'll let you read it instead of talking about it more...

Brother Lawrence was a 17th century French monk who spent most of his life as a humble monastery cook (shoe cobbler was another of his noble professions). Not much is known of his life, save for his collection of letters and writings in what is now known as the classic, “The Practice of the Presence of God.”

The man was brilliant. He understood, as a simple cook, what the wisest and intellectually astute of our age fail to grasp. And what this mama fails to grasp, time and time again.

Who we are is not defined by what we do...

Read the rest of the original post here. I hope this encourages and inspires you Mamas out there like it did me.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! I just 'discovered' Simple Mom a few days ago myself! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contentment in what you do for your family speaks volumes to them and to your husband. Even when we don't get any thanks for the thankless tasks we do again and again and again. Just choosing to be at home for your littlies is such a gift to them. Bless you, Jess, as you continue to serve your family with love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Yolanda. I really see being able to stay at home with my kids as such a privilege, and as an investment in my children's lives and hearts.

    You're welcome Franci! Glad to have shared something so great - I can't take any of the credit!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments very much. xxx