07 June 2011

An arty morning at home

Today we had a really lovely morning!

I decided to get my butt into gear and drag the easel out on to the deck for Elliot to do some painting. Yay! Elliot was very keen. So I pulled it outside, covered one side in newspaper (so he didn't paint on the easel itself!), taped up some plain paper to paint on, got Elliot dressed in old clothes with one of Hayden's old shirts over top - so cute! - and am just getting the paint ready when BAM! It starts raining.


 Oh man! So the easel comes inside to a plastic mat spread out in the kitchen and our artist gets to painting! I nobly kept Rosie away from his masterpiece by reading her favourite book to her: Bob the Builder. (Note to self: find some girly books because you want a girly-girl!)


After the painted artwork is finished and left to dry, we moved over to the table for some drawing.

Rosie loves to draw too, so I set her up with some paper (sellotaped to the table so it stayed still!) and crayons.






I wanted Elliot to have some practice (practise? I always forget which is the right spelling to use...) cutting with scissors, so I drew him some shapes and he coloured them in and then got to work cutting them out.

 Ta da! Coloured-in shapes all cut out (with a little guidance from Mummy!).

I think he's been getting used to having photos taken doing cool stuff at kindy because usually when the camera comes out and I tell him to smile he does his awesome 'Cheese!' face, but now he just has an awkward-looking half smile, as you see here. Funny huh?


And I haven't taken a photo of it, but the next thing we did was to tape all his shapes to pieces of string and tie them to a coat hanger to make a mobile! We have hung it up in our central archway so that when Papa comes home today it's the first thing he'll see!

And, after all that hard work painting and drawing and cutting, we had to sit down for some morning tea together!

Little sweeties.

After this, I really enjoyed watching them play with their toys - they were being so sweet to each other (which is a change from the screaming and hitting it has been lately!). I had one of those moments where you are so filled with love as you watch your beautiful children that you almost want to bawl your eyes out! It was lovely. No really, I mean it.

They are very trying at times (as I'm sure any mother of 2 or more will tell you!), but I am so thankful for these moments this morning that reminded me of how much I do love my precious babies and how the hard work of raising children is very hard, but so much more worth my effort than anything else I'll ever do! Praise God for His guidance!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments very much. xxx