26 March 2012

Lately we've been...

 
...enjoying a more focused and accountable Mama because I start my mornings like this now - before the kids are up! And that mug was full of delicious sweet, milky coffee...

...living in a toy-strewn house. But we're playing nicely!
 ...enjoying seeing my genetics coming out in my children. Curly-haired girls!

 ...having picnic dinners on the grass with our Friday Friends. (But we missed you, Watsons!)

 ...making lotsa sandwiches. Every day.

 ...watching this happy chubby-faced baby grow. He's delightful. (Apart from when he doesn't want to sleep. That's not so fun. Currently we are working our way through a list of solutions for an easy, relaxed evening, for they are few and far between at the moment!)

 ...teaching the children how to breastfeed... Well, this one's learning by observing Mummy.
FYI, I do not feed Tristan from my tummy button, as it appears my children think.

 ...enjoying our time playing outside. This day I was in stitches laughing at Elliot's expressions as he threw the ball in the air and attempted to catch it. Hilarious!

...crafting! Lately I feel like I've been so busy trying to keep our household functioning that I haven't had the time to put my craft hat on. But one morning last week, I was finished my devotion time and the kids still weren't awake, so I thought, "Quick, grab something out and start cutting!" So I did.
 The book I'm working from is my favourite crafting book. Sure, it's my only one, but I really like it! It's Wee Wonderfuls, by Hillary Lang. Check out her blog here. I am a pretty amateur crafter, I kinda fly by the seat of my pants most of the time. But every doll/softy in this book is not only super gorgeous and sweet, but I can make them all with no troubles! I'm making a girl version of this doll as a (very!) belated birthday present for a friend. (If said friend is reading this, hello! Just ignore this bit!)
Also, here are two headbands that I made for a present for Elliot and Rosie's little friend's 4th birthday. And yes, thank you to Elliot for being a superb model, my cool dude. He's awesome.

 ...attempting to start solids. Tristan isn't having a bar of it.

9 comments:

  1. why does Tristan have stickers on his head?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I just noticed this reply button! As per the comment below, Elliot was making T & R into ladybirds.

      Delete
  2. Love it Jess ... You're an amazing Mama!! Tristan is growing so fast ... I can't believe we're only a month away from 1 with our chubba bubba.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and we're missing you just as much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I forgot to explain the stickers... Elliot was making Tristan and Rosie into ladybirds - the stickers are the spots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a full on household! Keep up the good work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. you inspire me Jess. I'm trying to do the same.... its SO hard to get up in the dark!

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! I try and convince myself that it's worth it to watch the day arrive when the sun comes up. It almost works. But it helps that my husband gets up at the same time too. xx

      Delete
  7. SO many beautiful things in this post! My favourite is the devotion time, milky coffee and your little boy covered in stickers! hhehehehe

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments very much. xxx