23 April 2012

A Post-Weekend Post

We had a nice weekend. You know, full but not busy. The good kind. The kind of weekend that I like.

To be sure, there was a bit of drama involved. Elliot got to see a couple of ambulances up close again when my Mum needed to get up to the hospital quick-smart. (She has been having allergic reactions to her heart medication and needed some help to tweak her meds. She is back home now, resting for the week and is very thankful for your prayers and the meals she and Paul are receiving - thank you!)

*  *  *  *  *  *  *

In this post I mentioned I was present-making for my sister-in-law Heidi. We had bought her the NZ Poultry magazine - she and her husband are living the dream down on the farm - so I wanted to make a little something to go along with it.

I found this tutorial and ended up with this:


 I think he's pretty cute. Might even make one for me! Maybe a smaller sized chickeny chick to sit on my bookshelf?

*  *  *  *  *  *  *

The kids decided on Saturday morning, before the birthday party,  that it would be fun to be rabbits. Who am I to stop them? (Especially when I know they're using washable markers so it'll be a cinch to clean it off!)

(Elliot was putting on his grumpy face. I wish this was his real grumpy face. It would be awesome for diffusing the situation.)

*  *  *  *  *  *  *

I'm getting my joy back. I lost it there for a while.

I struggled with the timing of Tristan's pregnancy. (My pregnancy with Tristan?) We knew we wanted more than two children - absolutely - but it happened sooner than I thought. And I thought I was ready, but actually I wasn't. It took me a long time to get my head around that impending baby. I struggled hard. Thankfully, since meeting him, Tristan has made it all worthwhile. He and his squishy, snuggly goodness have been very healing.

I know I still have a ways to go before I can fully unlearn and undo some of the bad habits I found myself falling into over that time, but God is working in me. I know His presence - and I want to know it more! Without a doubt, the favourite part of my day is no longer the kid's bedtime, but the time I spend sitting at the table in the morning, just me and my Bible. (And my husband across from me, of course.) The kid's bedtime is most definitely second best though. ;)

Getting my joy back? How can I not when I have these three beauties to shine in my face every day?




*  *  *  *  *  *  *

I've slowly been making progress in the room. I've gotten most of the wallpaper off now, just have the wall with the window in it, 2 strips of the wall to the right of the photos below and a small piece of the wall with the door in it - all up, less than half to go.


This side of the room I did while Elliot was at kindy and I'd put Tristan to sleep in our bed - well protected from rolling of the bed with pillows and tucked in blankets! Rosie was hanging out with me and her morning tea. It was quite sweet. That wall was amazingly easy. Which made the wall I did today amazingly frustrating because it was ridiculously not easy. But I persevered - usually I give up in frustration - and got it done. Yay me!

Hopefully I can finish or nearly finish the wallpaper stripping tomorrow and move on to sanding and plastering the walls, ready for the undercoat. I'd like to get the room finished in the next couple of weeks. We have a wall-mounted heater to put up and the laziness in me can't be bothered putting it up only to have to take it down again to paint behind it! So Tristan has an oil fin heater for now and I have my motivation as the nights are getting colder and colder!

*  *  *  *  *  *  *

And we also have a bit of this. Just to balance out the lovely moments, we have to have some comedic ones too.


Stay classy.

Love, Jess
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments very much. xxx