19 April 2012

Wardrobe... Thursday?

I know it's Thursday, but better late than never, right?

I wasn't going to join in this week because it's been a bit hectic round these parts lately! But you know what? I really enjoy the little community we have going with you Wardrobe Wednesday folks, and I missed you too much! *share the love*

This morning we went to the Hamilton Rose Gardens (lovely, lovely place - a must-see in Hamilton) to meet up with my aunt, uncle and cousins who are visiting from Perth. I went for comfort, with an attempt at style. I've decided there is pretty much nothing good about these pants for me, so I'll be passing those on...

Ha ha, are you loving my awesome model pose?

Shrug: House of G
Tunic: Warehouse
Pants: From a friend
Shoes: Gifted from a friend (a different one!)/thrifted
Necklace: a super cute owl from Felt seller Lisajhoney

Then this afternoon, after the younger two were in bed and Master E had been dropped off at kindy, and I decided I would do Wardrobe Wednesday. Wardrobe Thursday. Whatevs.
So, children are sorted and I decided to participate and I thought about some inspiration.

You know what inspires me?

My new blog friends. Yes, you.

People like Nin, for starting this process and making me think about my style. Not to mention the fact that she is an amazing seamstress with a fabulous wardrobe with never-ending style.

People like Miriam who sews the most AMAZING dresses for her super svelte self. This woman is a stunner! AND she's had babies! Inspiration!

People like Dee who has pretty recently welcomed baby #5 (Sawyer, a gorgeous wee man with many squishy chins and much general cuteness) and still manages to school-at-home her other children and look stylish and trendy while she does it - and breastfeeds!

People like Talia who should be a model. (Talia's not a new blog friend, she's actually a real life one, but she still inspires me!) I'm still trying to figure out where in your house that blank wall is...?

As well as all the others who participate in WW, you have all inspired me to be more deliberate in my clothing choice, to put an outfit together rather than just get dressed, and, after rediscovering my legs, to try to dress with an emphasis on the good assets while I work on the not-so-good ones. So I tried a few combinations:


Not so sure about the colour combo here, but I've seen worse. I wanted to try the belted, no leggings look, so I raided my husband's side of the wardrobe for a belt (must buy one of my own!). I think one that's NOT black would be better for me, but I think I like this look. I'll keep working on it.

Dress: Warehouse
Belt: Husband's
Necklace: Lovisa - one of my favs, but it broke during my (obviously too vigorous!) shoot!
Shoes: Gifted from a friend (a different one!)/thrifted

I settled on this outfit today. 

 Again, the belt is not ideal. I am liking the feminine silhouette (Oh yeah, I spelt that right first time!) I have achieved with this outfit. I'm not a huge fan of sleeveless right now, but again, could be worse. Must get that belt...

Top: Millers
Belt: Husband's
Skirt: Handmade by my Mum!
Shoes: Farmers

PS: This is the blank-est wall we have!

So that's me this week! I'm also inspired to try my hand at sewing for myself so I'll try and get that done before the end of the month. I figure my triple post-baby body is so unique that I should attempt to make something that will fit me well in all the right places, rather than getting depressed about how nothing fits anymore! I'll keep you posted.

Joining in with these beautiful ladies
at
Wardrobe Wednesday at SailorSpy.co.nz

15 comments:

  1. You joined! Yah - hope everyone is feeling better up your way. You really do have the most amazing hourglass figure going on - the last combo in particular! p.s. Green shoes are fab with anything IMHO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a huge wardrobe change! You look fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the red dress! Try some black leggings underneath it, either to the knee or ankle. Leggings will bring in the belt and tie the whole outfit together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anonymous! (Do you have a name?) I usually wear the dress with leggings (mid-calf) and love that look, though this is the first time I've tried it with the belt. Was giving the no-legging look a try! Perhaps I should stick to my leggings from now on...

      Delete
  4. I love the last outfit! Stunning! I know you and I aren't the tallest people around, but I think the long skirt actually gives you length! The illusion of being taller ;)

    The blank wall is in my craft room. I have to move the storage bins of wool out of the way every time before the shoot. And I have to do it while Audrey is napping or it's a disaster ;)

    I love that you are rocking Wardrobe Wednesday! GOOO JESS!!

    ♥♥♥♥
    Talia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon the heels were helping me in the height stakes too... ;)

      Delete
  5. Awww so cool to think we inspire you. You are gorgeous and the last outfit is my fav by far it highlights all your assets!! I like the first combo too but I agree those pants aren't doing anything good (have to say I'm not a cargo lover) they take away from the femininity of the outfit. I think you're similar to me in that we go in an out and have good legs (I can say that aye?). Seems to me that playing those things up (even when the legs are covered) makes us look womanly and sexy rather than too-many-curves we don't like.... does that make sense? I love this post and all the outfit changes and I love that we are new friends. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the pants are in the wash, ready to head back to where they came from! And yes, you can totally say that we have good legs! I think you have good everything! :)

      Delete
  6. LOOOOOVEEE the last outfit on you in particular! Stunning! Good on you for being so creative and willing to try new combos. Im still trying to work my way out of baggy jeans and trackpants post the twins birth (shamed to say they are now over one- eeek) you have inspired me jess!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have inspired you Catrien! Not to worry, I wear my fair share of baggy jeans and trackpants too!

      Delete
  7. Love both outfits, the red dress is gorgeous! Have a brilliant weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think the red dress looks TOTALLY awesome on you! wew mama~~ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee! Love your Sawyer's Seat posts - it's amazing watching a baby grow! Wish I'd thought of doing this with mine - you don't see it in the same way when you see them every day.

      Delete
  9. I agree with Dee - the red dress is stunning x
    And I love that you have a little girl named Rosie. My cousin birthed her firstborn on Saturday - an auburn-haired Rosie. Precious x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is precious. I think there's something really amazing about birthing your firstborn - it's just a tiny bit more magical. Just a tiny bit, because any birth is pretty magical and amazing.

      Delete

I love to read your comments very much. xxx