27 June 2012

WW: A formal event

As you may remember from my last post, Friday evening was a fundraising event for my husband's school that had me searching around for a suitable outfit.

My newest friend Jean answered my call for something gorgeous to wear and I popped past and picked up a gorgeous gold number. Oh how I wish it didn't cling to all my [substantial] curves in all the wrong places! I would have loved to wear that beautiful, beautiful dress. So it was back to the drawing board.

Inspiration seized me and I nipped past the fabric shop and grabbed some stretchy black cotton fabric and whipped myself up a simple black skirt to go with a tunic I knew would work well - thanks to a little prompting from the great Nin herself!



Thanks to my good friend Paula for taking my picture! It was a touch awkward standing in the middle of a room full of people, trying to catch my good side... (Hence the half-closed eyes.) It's fine taking a billion pictures of yourself when it's just you, but when there's a whole bunch of people around, it's a bit more ridiculous!

Tunic: Warehouse
Shrug: Shanton
Skirt: Handmade by me!!
Tights: New World (of all places!)
Shoes: Farmers
Necklace & earrings: Nabbed from my sister's wardrobe

Joining in with the lovely ladies over at

Wardrobe Wednesday at SailorSpy.co.nz

Why don't you join us?

7 comments:

  1. Ha! You look lovely. I can imagine it did feel a little awkward trying to take the photo during the event - not conducive to 20 photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See told you - hot legs! I'm so like that with taking photos in public too - eeeeep

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I bet you had an awesome time too.

    I do understand the posing for photos in public thing - but it's even more awkward when you want to snap a pic of a random stranger in public! I had that urge at the Art Deco weekend in Napier - there was such a cute older couple all dressed up and the very dapper man had some pretty spectacular checked dress pants on - I couldn't quite do it though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean - I think all our neighbours now think I'm bonkers! I think you look stunning, perfect shapes, colour and your look confident :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look really pretty! FYI I've always found New World tights fantastic and MUCH cheaper than Farmers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute tunic - whipping up a skirt to go underneath is genius!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments very much. xxx