31 July 2012

Sewing! (And selling?)



The last few crafting projects I've finished I've forgotten to take photos. You'd be forgiven for thinking that I only talk about sewing and never do it because I often don't have anything to show you!

Well, not today!

Over the weekend I finished off some presents I was making for friends who've just had new babies. (One each, that is.) And I remembered to take photos! When I was pregnant with Tristan, I found online some tutorials for making a cover for the baby capsule. The idea really appealed to me as I was expecting my second winter baby and I remembered well the problems we had trying to keep baby Elliot warm and dry on our travels. At church the last couple of weeks, I noticed our friends doing the old blanket-draped-over-the-capsule trick to keep their wee girl covered, and I thought to myself, "Jess! There's a good opportunity to make something easy and fun and practical! Yay!"

So I did!









I'm quite pleased with how they turned out.

I'm thinking of making these to sell. What do you think? Do you think anyone would be interested in buying them or are they so simple that anyone who wants one would just whip one up themselves?

(Also, it's my birthday! Yay! I do love birthdays.)

20 comments:

  1. Jess, I think you SHOULD sell them! That's a great idea!

    I already told you on FB, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GORGEOUS!

    xoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday - I love birthdays too and I am rather partial to presents as well! These look great. I never know what people would buy but I have never seen them for sale before so I think that there would be a space for them. I would have bought a lighter muslin style one for my babies as I was always fighting with pegs to try and keep the sun off them. If they tell you how much their friends like them then I think tell them you make on commission if any of them want them - could be a good way to start

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A muslin summer one - what an amazing idea! Not only are you beautiful, you're smart too! (But I already knew that.) x

      Delete
    2. oh you!! You are far too sweet to me! :o) x

      Delete
  3. Love reading your blog jess.. and yes you should definatley sell these! Have wished on FB already but can never say it enough ... happy birthday! Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always gives me big warm fuzzies when someone tells me they like reading my blog - it's always such a surprise that anyone finds me interesting! :) Thanks for the encouragement. x

      Delete
  4. Yes! I don't have a baby, but would buy it for friends and buy one for myself too eventually. They are beautiful Jess! You are VERY talented. Zani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Zani, that's a huge encouragement. You let me know when 'eventually' is a bit more imminent and I'll gift you one. Miss your face! x

      Delete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE this Jess! Beautifully made! Adore the colour combinations...

    Happy Birthday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good idea! I say sell them, even if just via felt or your facebook page :)
    Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was thinking Felt. I might have a browse and see if there's anything similar on there... Thanks Amy! x

      Delete
  7. They are lovely and original - you should sell them! Happy Birthday! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I'm feeling more and more like I might just do that!

      Delete
  8. I would buy one! Great idea. I saw one on pinterest that had a hole for the baby's face that was quite cute. The only problem is that they grow - so where do you make the hole?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, that's an interesting concept... Kind of like a viewing window, like in the top of a pram perhaps?

      Delete
  9. Actually. I have a friend that has a baby boy due in August. Could I buy one off you as a present for her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Really!?! Yes! How exciting! I have to have a think about how much is reasonable to charge for one. I'll do that asap and get back to you. Eeeep! (That's an excited noise, btw.) x

      Delete
  10. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    These are totally fab! I wish I had one when we were using the capsule!

    x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments very much. xxx