18 July 2012

Wardrobe Wednesday: Keepin' it simple



I had grand plans for my outfit today, but despite my best efforts, they ended up down the gurgler! I've had a cold for about a week now and it's been getting worse not better. Today my schnozz is so stuffed up that if I shut my mouth I am sure I would suffocate! It makes for some attractive, open-mouth breathing at my place today, my lucky husband.

Anyway, like I said yesterday, I had planned a good outfit, but when it came time to throw on my clothes all I felt like was grabbing something simple and easy to wear that didn't involve too much thought. (Or digging around in my messy pile of clothes that need to be put away...)


Note to self: Use mirror when putting lipstick on next time...

The hat is my new favourite, and it features today because I didn't have time time to shower and do my hair properly BEFORE going out this morning. It's a glamorous life, I tell ya!





Outfit breakdown:
Hat: Farmers
Red top: Farmers
Purple merino singlet (peeking out the bottom there!): Warehouse
Pants: Free from a seller on TradeMe!
Shoes: Thrifted (getting a bit tatty now!)

Well, as soon as my husband gets home I'm going to have a big long hot shower and kill two birds with one stone: unblocking the nose and fixing the hair!

Joining in here
Wardrobe Wednesday at SailorSpy.co.nz

Ciao peoples!

6 comments:

  1. You do really suit red! We've been sick at my house too! Keep warm and get well soon! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great hat! You're so lucky having a complexion that can pull red off, it really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hat and the detail on the shoes really reminds me of the style in The Great Gatsby - love it. I must admit I use hats to hide my roots from time to time - I do hope your schnozz clears up soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Nin - very 20s and that's a look I love but struggle to pull off without looking like I'm 'in costume'. I would never have known you were sick or that this was a b-list outfit you look so glamorous! Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous and glamorous! and I am not a bit surprised!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments very much. xxx