24 August 2012

Gift: Baby Shower



My beautiful sister-in-law
(well, technically, the wife of my brother-in-law, but that's just way too much of a mouthful)
is due with their first baby in a few short weeks. Exciting!

A new cousin for our kids! A new NEPHEW for us, woo hoo!

I wanted to make some handmade goodies as a gift, because it's always nice to have a proper reason to sew, isn't it?
(Though I think 'keeping me sane' is pretty close to a proper reason, yes?)

I didn't tell her I was sending my gift down - I wanted it to be a surprise when she got to present time at her Baby Shower - but alas, in my usual style, I left things too late and even couriering it down couldn't get it there in time. Dumb. Anyway, it was still a surprise - and a lovely one, she tells me!

I sewed Baby B up some burp cloths using some vintage floral fabric and a brand new $3 towel from The Warehouse. (I wish I had thought to buy more of those towels because it didn't go as far as I had hoped...)



I also stitched up my first BOY version of my capsule covers - just because I can really! It's nice to sew a big square (rectangle, actually) of fabric with whatever pattern/design I want without it being an enormous complicated quilt. Quite fun!



I really like the colour scheme of this one. The blue and yellow really go well together, I think. The back is a heavier-weight vegetation print. (It's not quite floral. Kinda, but not quite.)





I also tied a matching bow around that lovely cardigan I scored the other week and included it in the package. It all looked very sweet together, if I do say so myself!

Happy baby shower, Neats!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely gift! I especially love the vintage fabric you used on the burp cloths :) Jenny

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments very much. xxx