24 October 2012

WW: Tribal

One of my favourite things to wear at the moment* are leggings and tunics. I find them very comfortable (and forgiving), without being a pair of daggy track pants and an old t-shirt.
*'The moment' being somewhat chubby around the middle. Well, around the general everywhere actually!

I found I had a fair few black or dark tunics/long tops (aren't all our wardrobes filled with black?!) and two pairs of black leggings. But I don't like wearing entirely black, so I ventured out and picked myself up a pair of these 'tribal' leggings.



I especially like these ones as they are cut well - you can easily wear them with boots, but they flare just a little at the bottom to be flattering enough to wear them with shoes too. Versatility, my favourite!



I like the uneven hemlines of my outfit today. Just long enough to swish when I walk. In fact, as I walked down the hallway this morning to get a pair of shorts for Elliot, I walked the catwalk walk. Just because I could. And it made my tunic swing.



Outfit breakdown
Tunic: Warehouse
Leggings: Postie
Swing Cardigan: Millers
Boots: Farmers
Earrings: a gift (made from Mother-of-Pearl)
My high class wardrobe strikes again!



PS: Sorry for the terrible, full sunlight, shadowed, crooked photos today!

12 comments:

  1. YES my wardrobe does have black and boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny huh? What is it with us kiwis and black?

      Delete
  2. What cute leggings! Postie huh, who knew?! Love the layered look too. Comfy and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good old Postie. Thanks Naomi! :)
      PS: I only just figured out last week that you and Miriam are sisters and now that I am comparing your photos I'm thinking duh! Of course!

      Delete
  3. Love the pattern...and that you catwalked down the hall! Your top has a definite "sashay" to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, 'sashay' is the right word... (Though I'm sure that's maybe a French word, or something... Can't think how to spell it...)

      Delete
  4. ha ha I love that you walked the catwalk in your own home. Do you do cooking shows while you bake as well or is that just me??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Miriam! I laughed out loud with this one! Sorry, but the cooking shows one is just you! ;) Wonder what that shows about our personalities? I'm a show off and you're a domestic supernova?

      Delete
  5. You looks really nice today Jess and I loves the splash of colour you had on this morning with your necklace :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josella! I love my splash of colour red necklace too - until Tristan yanked on it when I was putting him in the car at the end of Bible study and he broke it! Gutted. Time to get out the jewellery pliers...

      Delete
  6. Those leggings are insanely cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love leggings and boots! And the print on those is pretty cool. You look great.

    Alison

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments very much. xxx