21 November 2012

The best thing

Guys, I am so blessed.

This stay at home Mum-ing gig is the toughest, most intense and long-lasting thing I've ever done - doing! - but my goodness is it amazing! It's too easy to focus on what's been going wrong lately, so today I'm sharing what's been going right - because there actually is a lot!

It had been a long, dark winter full of sniffles, struggles, snot and general stuck-inside-ness, so now that the sun's back (most of the time!) we've got our groove back. And it's SO GOOD!



What a blessing it is to be able to be here for our kids, to know them and watch them grow, to see what makes them tick, what they enjoy, where they need help, to teach them about the Lord who loved us first so that we can love Him too. What a blessing it is to have really, really great friends who are doing the same. We've been having some fabulous times lately.

Picnics with friends after Ladies Bible Study on a Wednesday.


Trips in the "big blue car" with Papa to look at diggers and holes at the end of the driveway.


Fun friends play mornings.


Silly faces.


Soccer on the back lawn.


Being a Mum (or a Dad! But I know less about that...) is certainly challenging. But the rewards will always far outweigh the hard times. FAR outweigh. I really am truly blessed more than I could ever have imagined for myself.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, I really like this, Jess. I'm totally feeling it! Right there with you.

    And thanks for stopping by yesterday. It was really good seeing a friend! Just what I needed. It's been a long time since I've seen anyone, I was starting to feel pretty mental.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I intend to stop by again next week - don't care what your plans are, I'm coming to visit! I've been a slacker and I miss you too. And we can't have you going mental!

      Delete
  2. Love this post Jess. All.so.true

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments very much. xxx