04 February 2013

And then there were 4...

Friends, we have exciting news!

Another precious little person will be joining our family this year! At the moment, he or she is busy growing and developing - hard and important work! - to be ready for his or her arrival date in August.

Elliot in particular is very excited and is often talking about "your baby growing in your tummy, Mummy" - no matter how many times I tell him it's OUR baby! Rosie is adamant that it's a "girl baby," so we'll have to see about that... And of course Tristan has no idea. :)



It's been a very interesting time, as we are beginning to let the news out wider and wider amongst our circles of friends and family. A lot of our friends and family have become excited with us. However, despite the joy in my voice as I share the lovely announcement, a surprising number of people's reactions have been, "Oh no!" Whatever the reason, and I think it is from genuine love and concern for my emotional well-being, I find it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Certainly it is deflating.

Nonetheless, we are very content and looking forward to meeting this lovely little gift in 6 months time! You can be sure that as soon as I get a more pronounced 'bump' - rather than the exxagerated-food-baby stage I'm in right now - I will join back in with Wardrobe Wednesday, maternity style!

15 comments:

  1. Lovely news, Jess! We've had our share of the "Oh, no's!" and they are upsetting. But don't let them spoil your joy and thankfulness for God's great blessings to youur family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it's good to hear we're not the only ones!

      Delete
  2. go jess!! you of all people will make the best mum of four :) All the best in the months ahead! It will be awesome to have a whole bunch of kids around the same age for youth camps huh :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks Inti! I think the same of you! Better catch up! ;) I love that our kids will all be at youth camps together (Lord willing!). I understand our parents better now when they always used to ask who our friends parents were - because now I get that our friends now will be our kids friend's Mums and Dads!

      Delete
  3. Hi Jess! Looks like our number 2 will be arriving in the world about the same time as your number 4! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaaaaah! No way?! Congratulations! How exciting!

      Delete
  4. Wow Jess! Big Congrats!! There's no waiting round for you, hahah...Tristan is still a bubba (well thats how I think of George, and they are only a day apart)...but Im sure you've thought it out and are the most capable of mothers to have a load of 4 kiddos! Im in no rush right now to have another one but I guess in time we might have to make a decision whether we want an Aussie baby...or wait till we get back to NZ:) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! EXCITING!!! Another little Bubba!!! <3

    So incredibly exciting!!! I'm no good at math, how far along are you? Much / any morning sickness? I hope your wellbeing IS well... well! Take care of yourself xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm a bit over 13 weeks now. Some morning sickness, I think worse than the others so far, but nothing to complain about actually. I do pretty well in babe-bearing, so I'm thankful for that!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations Jess! What wonderful exciting news for you!!!! (all)
    and nice we might get to see a little bump in April!

    So awesome xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miriam! Yes, I do like baby bumps - best accessory ever!

      Delete
  7. Congrats!! No 'Oh no' coming from me, I must confess to having a wee twinge of envy! Way to go, it's hard to take the step past three in this day and age where most people don't go past the two. Quite a big part of me wishes we had been brave enough. Good on you guys x (Can't wait to see the WW outfits, too : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhi :) You are so right - people have told me I'm brave for having three because they 'can't imagine having more than two.' Different for everyone huh? And hey, it's not too late for you, right? ;)

      Delete
  8. SQEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you!!!! (and totally get the 'oh no" from well meaning people ... with 5 under 5 we get that even now, or even comments about no tv's and are we finished .... meh .... I'm with you, think they are wellmeaning and smile.

    Can I give you a huge cyber hug and smiles!!!!!! So excited for your family! PS .... you make cute boys and girls but yeah for Rosie thinking it's a wee miss

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments very much. xxx