12 April 2013

Christchurch, Here I Come!



Well, today I'm catching a plane to Christchurch for NZ's first blogging conference, Around The Table. I'm very, very excited, which just trumps my nervousness.

I think I lot of us are anxious about meshing our online selves with our real life idiosyncracities and quirks. It's tempting to want to say, "If you see me doing or saying this or that strange thing, please forgive me!," as many of us have already admitted to on each other's posts and comments. Tell you what, it's good to know I'm not the only one who's feeling that way. It's nice to be reminded that actually, we're all humans.

I know the organising team have put their hearts, souls, blood, sweat and tears into this weekend and it's going to be a doozy! I'm SO looking forward to hanging out with like-minded people, putting faces to names (or vice versa?) and making online friendships into real life ones.

I have a huge list of things to get done before I leave this afternoon and less than three hours to do it in now! Better get cracking... Ladies who are going, see you soon!

3 comments:

I love to read your comments very much. xxx