06 May 2013

E: School Boy

The day is finally here. My first baby is a baby no more. He is now proud to be a school boy.



Excitement levels were high at our house this morning! Even I, who always jumps at the chance of more sleep, woke up early and didn't want to get back to sleep. We were up, breakfasted and dressed on time and ready to go. I am usually late for everything - no matter how hard I try - but I am determined not to make Elliot into that poor stressed child who is always late for school. And we did it! We were even ready early enough that I could snap some photos (of course!) and field a few good luck phone calls. It's been such a special morning.



The only dampener being that the traffic was very frustrating and made my hard-earned early leaving time whittle away. Tomorrow we'll go a different way.

And you know what? I DIDN'T CRY. I nearly lost it as I prayed for him this morning, but managed to hold it in. It was just so lovely to see him happy to be in the classroom, see the other children welcome him and show him where to put his new chair bag and pillow and then see him sit happily on the mat next to his good friend Katie. It was just too good. I know he's going to love it.



I couldn't help myself last night as I went into his room (like I do every night) to tuck him in. I watched him sleeping for a while and brought up my memories of him as my little newborn, my firstborn son. As I gave him his goodnight kiss I thought, 'This is the last time I'll kiss you as a pre-schooler.' Okay, now I'm crying. Excuse me for a minute.

I'm so proud to have reached this stage with him. We've walked these five years together, him and me, and now it's time for him to make his first move from within these four walls. We're both excited for the challenges school will bring and they ways we'll see our boy flourish. We look forward to walking with him through this next part of his journey.

6 comments:

  1. WOW what a big occasion! For you and him! I hope it day goes sooo well and he comes home with lots of stories to share with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a little tear too - so special x

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a handsome fella...!! So glad it went well xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I love the school uniform, I am a little crazy about school uniforms as I grew up in schools with them. Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, gorgeous!! Hope he LOVEs school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an emotional day, I hope he enjoyed his first step into the big, wide world.Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments very much. xxx