25 July 2013

Status Reports

* * * * *
BABY
In 2 days I will be 39 weeks pregnant. Getting closer and closer to D-Day, whenever that might be. I have been a week past my 20 week scan date with the last two babies, so I'm expecting more of the same. We have everything we need, though I certainly don't feel mentally ready for this little one yet! I'm curious to see how our renovation progress impacts upon how 'late' I might be... Will I hold out for a few more days, a few more days, a few more days, waiting for work to be finished? My body is certainly ready - I'm tired of being big and awkward!


Please excuse my undone hair and face, but here's a belly shot from 2 weeks ago!

* * * * *
RENOVATIONS
Hayden and his Dad are making great progress on the house renovations. Today they have begun moving the windows - the laundry window moves to become the bedroom window, the old shower window moves to become the new laundry window. It's going to be a long day of work today - would you pray with me particularly for smooth and efficient work that makes HEAPS of progress? The more that gets done every day, the less stressed I feel. Once the windows are done, they can finish framing the new laundry wall, and then Gib, plaster and paint, with a few bit of plumbing and electrical work thrown in there too. The finish line is slowly approaching!

I had the first shower in the new bathroom yesterday - pretty cool! Apart from a few tiny details, the new bathroom is now finished, which is just great!



* * * * *
HAYDEN
Hayden's doing really well. I don't think he's quite back to where he was before the accident (way back in April already!), but I would say he's about 85-90% recovered. He is getting marginally better sleep, though convincing him to get to bed at a decent hour is just the challenge it's always been. Very frustrating to watch! He has 3 weeks at the beginning of term that his two junior classes will continue to be taught by the reliever from last term, and then he's back into the full-time swing. Hayden has told me that it would be most convenient for me to have the Baby in the first week of term (next week) as that would be easier for setting relief. I have told him that I would like to oblige but have absolutely no control over the matter!



* * * * *
ELLIOT
Elliot has now completed his first term at school, and just about finished his first set of official holidays! He had some 'teething' issues while he settled in - normal, getting-used-to-school stuff - realising you have to do what the teacher says when she says it instead of choosing your own activities, like you do at kindy etc. We've also been dealing with a few behavioural issues that came up, I think partly from being exposed to new kids and play-styles as well as being really tired towards the end of the term. The holidays have been a good chance to chill out, relax and have time to address these things at home. And it's been so good not having to be out of the door at 8:15am every morning!

* * * * *
ROSIE
I made the decision to take Rosie out of kindy at the end of the term, which has been a really good choice. She was no longer enjoying it (since Elliot stopped going with her when he started school) and would much rather be home with me and Tristan. I saw no point in prolonging the agony - she's only three-and-a-half! - and was getting tired of all the trips we had to make - school, kindy, morning activities. The weeks were just getting too full! Rosie is now much happier and it's lovely to spend so much time with my girl.



* * * * *
TRISTAN
Tristan is an awesome little boy. Nearly two now, he's just so full of this unique little personality. He's a bundle of energy and a child prodigy when it comes to any sporting endevour. I have a feeling his hand-eye co-ordination is better than mine! He's certainly got a better kick on him! It's quite cool. I'm interested to see how he will cope when the Baby makes it's appearance... I think he will find it hard having to share Mummy with someone even more dependant than him! But he has a caring nature and kind heart so I think he'll be alright in the end.



* * * * *
BLOGGING
Though this post is more than long enough now (congratulations if you've reached this far!), a quick outline of my blogging plans is in order. I have totally let myself off the guilt of not posting often at all, as it just isn't feasible right now. I sure have a lot I could write about, but only enough energy to care for my family, house and self, which are always my priorities! I do read all of your posts still, even though I don't always comment, and miss being a contributing part of the community I love, but I know that will come again in time.

* * * * *

Now, off to keep feathering my nest to make way for Baby!

2 comments:

  1. seasons and times for all things. Please could you email yours and Talia's address if it isn't too much trouble xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about you today Jess, thought B-day (birth-day) must be getting pretty close! Glad things are ticking over and the finish line is in sight! Take care of yourself!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments very much. xxx