30 July 2013

Sunshine and Peace

What a glorious, sun-shiny day! Last night I only slept from 2:30am, thanks to the joys of advanced pregnancy and noisy noses (mine. Somehow I can snore with my mouth shut, even with a clear nose? Drives us both up the wall.) But despite that, it's been a lovely productive morning of laundry tub buying, washing (plumbing finished, laundry back in working order, for now!), playing outside, clearing the deck, hanging pictures, sorting shoes and picnic lunches!

Elliot and Hayden are back at school, Rosie and Tristan have been playing peacefully all morning, it's really been quite lovely! They are both tucked up in bed now and I should catch up on my own sleep, but it's so nice to be getting things done in the sunshine that I almost don't want to!

Don't want to sleep?! Who is this strange new busy person?!



I have been feeling quite anxious about when our baby will be arriving, willing the renovations to hurry up and be finished before D-Day. But the other night I took a nice long hot shower, thought a bit and prayed a lot and came out of the bathroom with a beautiful sense of the Peace that passes understanding. God knows me and my family (and my house!). I know I can trust Him with the timing of this. If Baby comes before we're finished renos, so be it. It will truly be fine! I will have a snuggly wee cuddly bundle to love, we have everything we need, and if we're a bit squashed and messy for a few more weeks? Well, too bad! Ah, peace is a fine thing.

I didn't realise I was letting my anxiousness get between Hayden and I, so now with the release of it we are a team again. And I think that my letting go of the stress of getting finished ASAP!!! has freed him up to do what needs to be done, as it is able to be done, without the pressure I was putting on him.


The shower comes out!

This isn't to say I don't want the renovations to be finished quickly! That would be ideal, but there's still a good amount of work to do. However, every day Baby stays incubating, a little more gets done here on the outside. And as uncomfortable - and actually downright painful thanks to pinched nerves at the back of my pelvis - as pregnancy has become, I am quite content to hang in there for a while longer, knowing there's no rush, and Perfect timing is coming.

I would appreciate your prayers for a few things:
- Hayden is busy, with school and building here at home. Pray that he would be productive without adding his own stress.
- It hurts to walk. That gets old fast! Pray for relief by the small things I can do to help.
- Please pray for a safe delivery at any time - except over the weekend! Friday to Sunday nights my midwife is off duty but I really want her present at our birth! I am trying to release my anxiousness about this, but it's a little more stubborn!
- Let's pray this sunshine sticks around! Wouldn't it be glorious to have a baby in weather like this?!!

Thank you, friends. You are dear to me.


Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

5 comments:

  1. Praying for you guys Jess. and that Hayden knows this peace too, that he can cast himself fully into those trustworthy arms. That you all feel gathered together and brooded over during this time xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miriam. Your prayers are valuable to me. x

      Delete
  2. Praying for you Jess and your beautiful family. it was so lovely to see you yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely Leonie! Yesterday was really really nice - we must make it a regular habit!

      Delete
  3. Will pray Jess. Love that you are standing on His Word xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments very much. xxx