13 March 2014

Backyard Camping



This morning we decided to forego our usual Thursday morning activities so that Mr Six Months Old And Changing His Napping Habits could have a good day of sleeping without being disturbed. The life of a poor fourth child is unfortunately one of being dragged out of bed to get somewhere - school, kindy - on time. So while Gryffen is sleeping and I am doing jobs (always more jobs to do!), I set the kids up on a backyard camping trip!



Rosie was given this sweet little pony tent a few Christmases ago, so we put it up in a shady spot and set up the camping chairs and a 'table' (the chilly bin!). A few treats and a cup of juice for morning tea and they were nicely occupied for oh, at least 10 minutes!



To be honest, it's been a bit of a rubbish week; I've felt grumpy for most of it, which unfortunately sets the tone for everyone round here, so there's been a fair amount of Temper to be dealt with from all corners. BUT we have a slow day today, hopefully followed by a good night's sleep, and things will start to improve. It's all about attitude isn't it?

In the meantime, I'm glad I snapped these pics of the middle two - it gives me hope that they might remember the fun times in between what feels like a lot of wading through mud! More coffee, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. hope you get all the sleep you need and that these photos remind you of the joy in the journey too xxx sending lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this is such a lovely idea! and it looks like they had a great time! I am sure they will remember a mum who loved them - hope you get some rest! x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!. I read and get warm fuzzies from each and every comment and will reply via email - as time and my wee babe allows!. xxx