28 April 2014

Summer: Rosie's 4th Birthday

Another post from our summer that I'm finally getting around to catching up on the blog: Rosie turned four!

My beautiful daughter has grown so much - kids have a habit of doing that, huh? I think the change between three and four is quite remarkable. Toddlerhood is left behind and Childhood comes to the fore. My Rosie is growing into quite the little lady.

We had a lovely day celebrating with family. Rosie is a very shy wee thing, so even though she loves her family the most, she still tries to hide behind me when she knows we're all looking at her - like singing happy birthday and unwrapping presents. Most of those photos of all her birthdays so far have her burying her face into my neck. Sweet, funny little girl.


Lucky Rosie got to enjoy having her Auntie Sarah here, all the way from London! She enjoyed opening up her present from the other side of the world!

Rosie's favourite animal is a hippo, so we decided on a pink hippo cake - because although I'd like to do a whole themed party with lovely decorations and other theme-y things, I know that ain't gonna happen! Thankfully, she was super-impressed with her cake!




From her Poppa (my Dad), Rosie started a lovely collection of Sylvanian Family toys. I had a little house when I was a girl which I had passed on to Rosie so we decided to fill it up with a new family and some furniture. It's so sweet! There's something about miniature things that I just love. She plays for hours with it, sitting quietly at the table. (Until she screams at one of her brothers to get away before they ruin it. That's not so peaceful.)



Rosie-girl, you are a lovely ray of pink sunshine in our family. You are sweet and shy and mostly enjoy playing by yourself, but you can run a great game by bossing your brothers around! You love to be surrounded by your family and you always make sure that everyone is happy and safe. You have a really special bond with Gryffen and never like to go to kindy in the morning until you've said goodbye to him, even if he's not awake yet. You are very tall and your blonde hair has a lovely gentle curl, though you hate it when I brush it, even though I try to be gentle. You absorb everything around you, often spouting spelling words and maths sums to surprise me with your knowledge! I think you are an empathetic little soul, having a deep sense of emotions for yourself and others. Not that that means you are always the embodiment of patience and kindness, but that I see you have an awareness of feelings. We just need to work on the way you express them, my little wildcat.

I feel so blessed to have you as a daughter, my Rosie. You bring such a wonderful dynamic into our family. And how spoiled will you be with three brothers to protect you one day?! Your Papa and I pray for another fun-filled, joyful year of growing and learning with you. We pray that He would make Himself known to you and that your heart would always be Spirit-filled. We love you, my girl.

3 comments:

  1. she is lovely. I so get that miniature thing too - so sweet!! Love the new header as well - swish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww how very lovely! Happy Birthday little one! And birthdays are awesome simply by celebrating them - love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post! She is adorable. Great work on the cake! It looks great :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!. I read and get warm fuzzies from each and every comment and will reply via email - as time and my wee babe allows!. xxx